Upcoming Events:

I am taking a blogging break for a little while. I am in the process of getting all of my challenges for 2011 picked out so you'll see a bunch of those posts.

Sunday, January 24, 2010

A Personal Stand review

A Personal Stand Observations and Opinions from a Freethinking Roughneck
Trace Adkins
244 pages

Source: Public Library
Challenges:
2010 Support your Local Library, 144 Books in 2010, 100+ Challenge

Synopsis:
Country music superstar Trace Adkins isnt exactly known for holding back whats on his mind. And if the millions of albums hes sold are any indication, when Trace talks, people listen. Now, in A Personal Stand, Trace Adkins delivers his maverick manifesto on politics, personal responsibility, fame, parenting, being true to yourself, hard work, and the way things ought to be.

Review: I am a big Trace Adkins fan. I picked this book up at my local library. Normally I am not big into politics but after reading what Trace has to say about things I think that maybe I need to be a little more aware. Of course these are just Trace’s observations about the state of our country. From our war on Terror (“The war on terror is like herpes. People can live with it, but it’ll flare up from time to time,”) to 9/11 (Trace was the first country music star to visit Ground Zero and he even wrote a song 9/11 called Welcome to Hell…it’s written in the first person the Devil to one of the 9/11 hijackers). Overall, I liked the book. I didn’t love it but it was still a good read.

No comments: