Upcoming Events:

I am taking a blogging break for a little while. I am in the process of getting all of my challenges for 2011 picked out so you'll see a bunch of those posts.

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Musical Chairs review

Musical Chairs
Jen Knox

Source: Sent to me by the author
Challenges:
100+ Challenge

Synopsis:
Musical Chairs explores one family’s history of mental health diagnoses and searches to define the cusp between a ’90s working-class childhood and the trouble of adapting to a comfortable life in the suburbs. In order to understand her restlessness, Jennifer reflects on years of strip-dancing, alcoholism, and estrangement. Inspired by the least likely source, the family she left behind, Jennifer struggles towards reconciliation. This story is about identity, class, family ties, and the elusive nature of mental illness.

Review: I got this book from the author awhile ago (sorry Jen!) and it FINALLY made it’s way to the top of my TBR list. This review is going to be short and sweet folks! Honesty, I enjoyed the book a LOT even though there were some things in it that touched close to home for me personally. I LOVED that Jen wasn’t afraid to put it all out there on the line for the reader (that would be me.) Overall, Musical Chairs gets 2 thumbs way up from me!

No comments: