Upcoming Events:

I am taking a blogging break for a little while. I am in the process of getting all of my challenges for 2011 picked out so you'll see a bunch of those posts.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Forgiven - Review



Synopsis:

Tragedy strikes­—a brother and sister find themselves facing a situation that will shape the rest of their lives.When a fire destroys the Lundys' barn, Winnie is injured trying to get the animals to safety. Confined to a hospital for weeks, out of touch with her loved ones who live too far away to visit by buggy, she must depend on Englisher Samuel Miller to keep her company. Though his family is part of Winnie's tight-knit Amish community, Samuel left years earlier to pursue a university education. Through conversations, and Samuel's dedication to her recovery, a friendship forms. But despite their growing attraction, Winnie knows it can never develop into something more as long as Samuel chooses to remain in the outside world.When Winnie returns home, she finds her brother, Jonathan, struggling with his own dilemma. Cigarette butts were discovered in the debris of the barn and Jonathan is determined to find out who is responsible for destroying his property and putting his family at risk. But in a community founded on grace and forgiveness, will his unwillingness to move on eat away at the trust that is the foundation of their lives?

This is the story of John Lundy's (one of the characters from Wanted) little sister, Winnie. Winnie is injured in a barn fire and while Winnie is in the hospital she must rely on Amish -turned - English Sam Miller. While Winnie is dealing with her feelings for Sam, her brother John is dealing with his own dilemma. I was so very sad when I came to the end of this book. The series as a whole was excellent in my opinion and I didn't want to see it come to an end. I really like this author too.

5 out of 5

3 comments:

Karen, author of "My Funny Dad, Harry" said...

I have this on my "To Read" list. I too have a blog where I post reviews of books both my husband and I have read that may interest you. here is the link: http://karen.pnn.com/6632-what-we-ve-just-read

~Mary said...

ok I'm secretly into these amish style books. forbidden love is just the best isn't it?!

Shelley Shepard Gray said...

I just stumbled on your review! Thank you for reading Forgiven and for the nice comments. : ) I, too, was sad to see the series end. Luckily, Avon Inspire asked me to write a Christmas Sisters of the Heart book. It will be released next October, and will take place one year after Forgiven. I can't wait to get started on it.

Shelley