Upcoming Events:

I am taking a blogging break for a little while. I am in the process of getting all of my challenges for 2011 picked out so you'll see a bunch of those posts.

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Moon Crossed by Patricia Briggs


 
Title: Moon Called
Author: Patricia Briggs
Series: Mercy Thompson #1
Genre: Urban Fantasy, Paranormal
Publisher: Penguin Group (USA) Incorporated
Release Date: 2006, January 31
Format: Mass Market Paperback, 304 pages
Source: Paperbackswap.com

Rating: 5/5
 
Synopsis:
 
Werewolves can be dangerous if you get in their way, but they'll leave you alone if you are careful. They are very good at hiding their natures from the human population, but I'm not human. I know them when I meet them, and they know me, too.
 
Mercy Thompson's sexy next-door neighbor is a werewolf.

She's tinkering with a VW bus at her mechanic shop that happens to belong to a vampire.

But then, Mercy Thompson is not exactly normal herself ... and her connection to the world of things that go bump in the night is about to get her into a whole lot of trouble.
 
The "Short Story:"
 
Were-wolves, shape shifters, vamps and more oh my!
 
The "Long Story:"
 
Now that I've actually read the first book in the series so many things from the last book I read in this series makes sense.  I really like Mercy....She's a "no nonsense" take no prisoners type of heroine...I really LIKE ass kicking heroines!
 
I also was really impressed by all the attention to detail towards how the relationships between all the different types of paranormals in the book work as well as the politics.  I'm not usually big on politics but I think that the politics in this book were pretty alright.
 
Alright....I'm jealous of Mercy.  Who doesn't want to have the attention of not 1 but 2 sexy werewolves?!
 
The suspense kept me turning pages.  All the twists and turns kept me wanting MORE! I really hated to put the book down.  The only thing I didn't really care for was how LONG it took me to get this book read....DANG YOU REAL LIFE!
signature

1 comment:

Charlene said...

I've never heard of this book or series, but I'm always looking for something new to read. Thanks!