Upcoming Events:

I am taking a blogging break for a little while. I am in the process of getting all of my challenges for 2011 picked out so you'll see a bunch of those posts.

Monday, November 1, 2010

Musing Mondays


 
Musing Mondays is hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading

This weeks question is:


Do you have any special reading that you do as it gets closer to Christmas? If so, tell us about it! And, if not, tell us why not!



I really don't have any special reading that I do the closer it gets to Christmas. Actually, because I work in retail and the Christmas season is EXTREMELY busy for us I find reading to be a great escape from all the chaos. It keeps me from going crazy on people...well for the most part anyway.  I think this year I am going to try and get through Lonesome Dove again.  It's long enough that added to the two YA books I'm going to try and re-read I think I should be well occupied this holiday season. :)
 signature

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't read Christmas themed books and I can definitely understand you not wanting to read them if you work retail! I used to work in a bookstore where they would loop the same Christmas CD over and over again. It made me want to scream! You can check out my MM here.

caite said...

I agree..I think part of the issue is time. As much as I love Christmas, I don't really read Christmas books. There is all hat shopping and wrapping and other thing to do. I am lucky to get anything read actually!

Anonymous said...

Lol, I love that you have the perspective of those who work at that crazy time in retail. So much work goes into preparation that some shoppers seem to forget. No wonder you need to read to escape.