Upcoming Events:

I am taking a blogging break for a little while. I am in the process of getting all of my challenges for 2011 picked out so you'll see a bunch of those posts.

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Mini Review ~ Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

Title: Mockingjay

Author: Suzanne Collins
Series: The Hunger Games
Genre: YA
Publisher: Scholastic
Release Date: 2010, August 24
Format: Hardcover, 390 pages
Source: Bought


Rating: 5/5

Smuttiness: N/A

 


 
 

Synopsis:
"My name is Katniss Everdeen. Why am I not dead? I should be dead."
Katniss Everdeen, girl on fire, has survived, even though her home has been destroyed. Gale has escaped. Katniss's family is safe. Peeta has been captured by the Capitol. District 13 really does exist. There are rebels. There are new leaders. A revolution is unfolding.
It is by design that Katniss was rescued from the arena in the cruel and haunting Quarter Quell, and it is by design that she has long been part of the revolution without knowing it. District 13 has come out of the shadows and is plotting to overthrow the Capitol. Everyone, it seems, has had a hand in the carefully laid plans -- except Katniss.
The success of the rebellion hinges on Katniss's willingness to be a pawn, to accept responsibility for countless lives, and to change the course of the future of Panem. To do this, she must put aside her feelings of anger and distrust. She must become the rebels' Mockingjay -- no matter what the personal cost.

 

Review:
I was really uber excited about this book.  Though I throughly enjoyed the book there were a few times that I thought that the story was dragging on.  I also didn't enjoy how everyone had all these carefully laid out plans and hidden agenda's and kept Katniss in the dark and treating her at times like she's almost disposable.  Even with those few quirks I still gave this book a 5/5 rating.
I felt horrible for Peeta.  Being treated the way that he was by The Capital.  I guess the saying "war is hell" is pretty applicable to a lot of what went on in this book.  The descriptions and imagery were excellent as usual.  The characters new and old were adding new twists and turns all over the place. The story line was pretty good even though there were parts where I felt it dragged on a little bit. I think overall this was a good ending to the trilogy.
NOTE: I purposely kept this review short, sweet and vague to not giveaway anything to anyone who hasn't read this book yet.

signature

No comments: