Upcoming Events:

I am taking a blogging break for a little while. I am in the process of getting all of my challenges for 2011 picked out so you'll see a bunch of those posts.

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

October Book Club Selection/Sign Up: Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins



 


Synopsis:
 
Against all odds, Katniss Everdeen has won the annual Hunger Games with fellow district tribute Peeta Mellark. But it was a victory won by defiance of the Capitol and their harsh rules. Katniss and Peeta should be happy. After all, they have just won for themselves and their families a life of safety and plenty.



But there are rumors of rebellion among the subjects, and Katniss and Peeta, to their horror, are the faces of that rebellion. The Capitol is angry. The Capitol wants revenge.


Details:


The book club will read the selected book from October 1-October 31. I will divide up the book into weekly discussion questions, which will be answered by you on your blog (if you don't have a blog I'm sure that we can find another blogger in the group who would be happy to host your "post" in addition to there own.). I will also have a Linky posted up on my post so that everyone can link up and we can all visit each other's posts.

NOTE: The discussion questions will be sent out on TUESDAYS (minus the first question which will be sent out on the 1st) and the LINK UP post (minus the first post) will be posted on Thursdays.

Are you in? If you are please fill out the form below and feel free to spread the word about the book club.





signature

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Alright Jamie, I'm in. I got to read Hunger Games first though. I will read it before we start though.