Upcoming Events:

I am taking a blogging break for a little while. I am in the process of getting all of my challenges for 2011 picked out so you'll see a bunch of those posts.

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Review ~ Spiral of Destiny



Published: May 6th 2010 by Gryphonwood Press
Details: Paperback, 248 pages
 
Rating:


Synopsis (from Goodreads):

Forget everything you thought you knew about unicorns and maidens... A unicorn is not supposed to survive the death of its rider, but Majherri did. Now he is a pariah, mistrusted by the Greater Herd. To reclaim his lost honor and status, he will entrust the remnants of his life to a new human female while unraveling the mystery of his continued existence. Kayleigh Reese is not Battle Maiden material. She's three years older than any other recruit and has enjoyed a peaceful, nomadic life working with her artist mother. The rigors of joining the High-King's elite unicorn cavalry are clearly not for her. Now, with a bond to Majherri, she must overcome her mother's disapproval, the ire of her commanding officer and fellow trainees, and, most importantly, the secrets of her unicorn's past if she is to become a legendary warrior. To prevail, they must quickly come together as a team and unlock the powerful and dangerous magic inside them.

Review:

I was asked by the author if I would be interested in reading and reviewing his book on my blog.  Again, I apologize for taking so long getting this review up...Real Life has been really crazy.  The synopsis really drew me in...this is not usually the type of book I would be interested in.  I'm glad to say that I proved myself wrong by throughly enjoying a book about unicorns and maidens!

What I really liked about this book was that the unicorns actually played an very large part in the storyline...I mean what's a story about unicorns if the unicorns aren't brought in to the story?!  Another part of the story that really made me happy was that there were parts that were told from Majherri's (the unicorn) point of view.  I also really enjoyed "seeing" how Majherri interacted with all the other characters in the book....human's and unicorn's alike.

What I also liked about this book was that it was very fast paced.  Once I got into it I had a hard time putting it down.  Which seems to been a reacurring thig for me lately....after my slump I've been "zooming" through books left and right!


signature

No comments: