Upcoming Events:

I am taking a blogging break for a little while. I am in the process of getting all of my challenges for 2011 picked out so you'll see a bunch of those posts.

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Review ~ The Life O'Reilly





 

Published: August 18th 2009 by iUniverse (Rising Star) (first published 2009)

Details: Paperback, 276 pages

Rating:


 

.75

Synopsis (from Goodreads):
At once a bittersweet love story and a young lawyer's journey of self-discovery, this auspicious debut delivers an emotional wallop and will move readers in unexpected ways.

Review:

I'd like to thank the author Brian Cohen for contacting me about reading and reviewing his book on my blog.  I'd also like to apologize for taking so long to get it up on the blog.  I'm really sorry about that.  When I was first contacted about this book the little bit that I was able to read of it on Brian's webpage really peaked my interest.  After reading the first chapter I had to read the rest of the book!

Now I know why this book is an award winner!  I didn't realize how many awards it had gotten until I logged onto Goodreads to add it to my "read" library.

The book itself is billed as "modern day love story" but it is soooo much more than that.  It's about knowing what you really want out of life and going after it full speed ahead.  It's also an emotional roller coaster...I'm usually not much on roller coaster's but this one was a good one.  It sucks you in and you have to know what happens next!

The plot?  Really liked it alot!  I don't want to give away too much but I will say that I sooooo did NOT see that twist coming at all!

I guess the only fault that I could really find with the book (which prevented it from getting a higher rating) was the ending wasn't as detailed as I would have liked to see.  The beginning of the novel was excellently detailed...I just didn't feel the same about the end of the book.  That's it for faults and even that isn't all that major of a fault, in my opinion anyway.

Overall, I really enjoyed The Life O'Reilly and would recommend it to other readers as well.  Pick up this book!





signature

2 comments:

The Readings of a Busy Mom said...

great review sounds like something i would enjoy

Tina said...

Hey! I'm from the blog hop.

Your blog is wonderful! I'm looking forward to reading more from you, so I've newly followed. ;)

Hope you have a lovely Friday!
●▬▬▬๑۩Tina @ Book Couture۩๑▬▬▬▬●