Upcoming Events:

I am taking a blogging break for a little while. I am in the process of getting all of my challenges for 2011 picked out so you'll see a bunch of those posts.

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Review ~ Sweet Dreams, Miss England

203 pages, paperback
* I was asked by the author to review this book
Rating:

Description:

Set in London and Dublin we follow the life of Nicky, a young mother of two who is married to Shane, an actor whose work requires him to be in Los Angeles. When Nicky meets Daniel, a fun-loving, spontaneous man from Ireland, she realises how much joy and passion are missing from her marriage, and consequently her life. Nicky is torn between her marriage to Shane and her love for this Irish charmer.



Review:

I just got done reading this book and I had to sit down and write this review right away! The ending is really sad in a "P.S. I Love You" sort of way. This is one of those books that I probably would NOT have picked up if I hadn't been asked to read and review it.
The story itself is about Nicky who is a young mother of two little girls and wife to an actor who doesn't even live on the same continent as her due to work commitments. Basically, Nicky is raising her two children as a "single parent." One day Nicky decides that she's going to meet two women who have created a fan page for her absentee husband and this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship. But this also where a "tiny" wrinkle gets thrown Nicky's way and his name is Daniel. Daniel the PRESENT fun loving Irish man.
In the beginning it did take me a little bit to get into the story, all the extra back-story was a little distracting to me. All of the characters are a VERY unique that are possibly people that you know in real life. The overall story (minus the extra back-story) is a story that is very real and very relate able.


signature

2 comments:

Spellboundbybooks Mel said...

I've read this as well.. the back story is a little distracting but it definitely gets the emotions going!

Great review

Iris B said...

Thanks Jamie !