Upcoming Events:

I am taking a blogging break for a little while. I am in the process of getting all of my challenges for 2011 picked out so you'll see a bunch of those posts.

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Mini Review ~ In The Name of Honor


Barnes and Noble (will take you to the book's page)


Review:
The book deals with a lot of current issues...Iraq, the military, war in general, and one of the possible battle scars that can come from going to war...PTSD. The story revolves around a miltary officer, Lieutenant Brian McCarran, who is just home from Iraq and is being tried for the murder of his wife....But was it really murder or was it self defense? The book has a TON of twists, turns, secrets and tension. Throw in some close friends and family..."Some" military courtroom action....PTSD and all the twists, turns, secrets and tension mentioned above and you get the makings for a pretty dang good story. Though for me personally, I thought the story was a little bit slow to build and there were a few parts near the beginning where it had a hard time holding my attention. But once things started rolling it became another one of those that I couldn't put down. So overall, I liked this book. I will be checking out more books by this author in the future.

signature

No comments: