Upcoming Events:

I am taking a blogging break for a little while. I am in the process of getting all of my challenges for 2011 picked out so you'll see a bunch of those posts.

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Hunger Games Book Club Sign Up

After posting a couple of Teaser Tuesdays on the book The Hunger Games (which you can check out here and here) and seeing that there were still many people like me, who up until recently, hadn't read this AWESOME book. I thought that I would host my own book club for the month of September. Naturally, The Hunger Games is the selected read.
Synopsis (from Barnes and Noble):
Sixteen year old Katniss is smart, athletic, and fast. She can take down a rabbit with a bow and arrow, hitting it straight through the eye. Will these skills be enough to survive the Hunger Games?
Suzanne Collins, the author of the middle-grade fantasy series The Underland Chronicles begins anew, exploring a future landscape that will be familiar to devotees of science fiction's dystopic strain. In a nation called Panem, which occupies the landmass that is the present United States, a parasitical facist Capital dominates 12 conquered districts. There was a thirteenth district but it was obliterated during a rebellion. The totalitarian governement keeps the subjected populations in line by threatened devestation, starvation, and brutality.
Details:
The book club will read the selected book from September 1-September 30. I will divide up the book into weekly discussion questions, which will be answered by you on your blog (if you don't have a blog I'm sure that we can find another blogger in the group who would be happy to host your "post" in addition to there own.). I will also have a Linky posted up on my post so that everyone can link up and we can all visit each other's posts.
Are you in? If you are please fill out the form below and feel free to spread the word about the book club.



signature

2 comments:

♫♥✿Chas @ LovLivLife Reviews✿♥♫ said...

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!

I.LOVE.THE.HUNGER.GAMES.


*Sigh*

For now, I am going to sign up. I have a few tentative business trips planned so I may need to back out later but I would love to participate.

Garret said...

My wife woke up the other night after having a long dream about the hunger games.

Let's just say that we are excited about the release of the new hunger games mockingjay book!!!!!