Upcoming Events:

I am taking a blogging break for a little while. I am in the process of getting all of my challenges for 2011 picked out so you'll see a bunch of those posts.

Thursday, June 3, 2010

What SEX is a Republican?




What SEX is a Republican?
Terri McCormick

336 pages


Rating: .75
Synopsis:
What Sex Is a Republican? takes a look at the political game from behind the curtain with one intention; to call on each of us to serve in our local, state and federal governments. The principles of republican government have been lost on the money changers in our state and national capitols.
There is only one way to change that -- We the people must take responsibility for what our government has become while we weren't looking. As he left Liberty Hall upon signing the Constitution of the United States, Benjamin Franklin was asked, "What kind of government did you give us?" Franklin replied, "A republic, if you can keep it!"
Let's keep it together, shall we?
What Sex Is a Republican? presents a case for courage by a lawmaker who is uniquely qualified to do so. The author, Terri McCormick is a former legislator and congressional candidate who is a woman. According to her friends and foes alike, "Terri has been battle tested in state and federal politics." An advocate for political and government reform and change, former Representative Terri McCormick has proven time and again that "ideas" trump "career politicians" and their trysts and turns.
Review:
NOTE: This was a hard review for me to write....cause I felt that if I included everything I wanted to say I would give away the whole book. So this is a "QUICKIE" review.
The author of this book is from my great state of Wisconsin. Usually, I'm not really all that interested in political books at all. Honestly, I'm not as informed about what is going on in politics as maybe I should be. But I am really glad that I was asked to read this book. Because now I know what I can do to be involved in what's going on in politics.
Not only did I learn what I can do to be involved, I also learned all the trials and triumphs that the author went through while she was in office. Quiet honestly, I give Terri MAJOR kudo's....I don't think that I could handle much less put up with all the crap that goes on in today's politics.
Overall, this book is an inside look at the structure of today's politics. But also, this book is part memoir too. I hope that you check this book out....especially if politics are something that interests you.....There is even a whole chapter about running your own campaign!


signature





1 comment:

Tales of Whimsy said...

Excellent. Definitely different :)