Upcoming Events:

I am taking a blogging break for a little while. I am in the process of getting all of my challenges for 2011 picked out so you'll see a bunch of those posts.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Time of My Life review **Tiny Spoiler**


Pub. Date: September 2009
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Adult Publishing Group
Format: Hardcover, 256pp, e-book, paperback, compact disc, MP3
Rating:


Synopsis (from Barnes and Noble):

In a career spanning more than thirty years, Patrick Swayze has made a name for himself on the stage, the screen, and television. Known for his versatility, passion and fearlessness, he's become one of our most beloved actors.

But in February 2008, Patrick announced he had been diagnosed with stage IV pancreatic cancer. Always a fighter, he refused to let the disease bring him to his knees, and his bravery has inspired both his legion of fans and cancer patients everywhere. Yet this memoir, written with wisdom and heart, recounts much more than his bout with cancer. In vivid detail, Patrick describes his Texas upbringing, his personal struggles, his rise to fame with North and South, his commercial breakthroughs in Dirty Dancing and Ghost, and the soul mate who's stood by his side through it all: his wife, writer and director Lisa Niemi.

A behind-the-scenes look at a Hollywood life and a remarkable love, this memoir is both entertainment and inspiration. Patrick and Lisa's marriage is a journey of two lives intertwined and lived as one—throughout their years in Hollywood and at home on their working ranch outside Los Angeles, and culminating in the hope and wisdom they've imparted to all who know them. This book will open the door for families, individuals, and husbands and wives to grow, bond and discover entirely new levels of love and sharing, proving that life shouldn't be lived as a series of endings, but rather as the beginning of greater strength and love.

Review:

I had heard great things about this book so when I found out that it was available on my nook I went ahead and downloaded it. I can honestly say that of the books that I've read recently this one is pretty close to the top. This is an awesome story of the roller coaster life (personally and professionally) that Patrick and his wife Lisa lived while he was still alive. Seriously, check this book out...It made me laugh, cry and cringe. Oh a little random fact for you....The most famous line in the movie Dirty Dancing "Nobody puts Baby in the corner" is the one that Patrick thought was ultra corny and wanted cut from the script entirely.





signature

1 comment:

Tales of Whimsy said...

OH I love that line. I grew up on Dirty Dancing and therefore it was such a shock for me when I learned Patrick was sick. My he rest in peace. Thanks for the great review :)