(Information borrowed from Chick Lit Teen’s blog):
Co-hosted by teen book blogger Jessica (www.chicklitteens.com) and YA author Kay Cassidy (www.kaycassidy.com), the 10 in ‘10 Teen Chick Lit Challenge is your chance to read some fabulous teen chick lit books with other chick lit fans. The challenge runs from January 1, 2010 through December 31, 2010. Here’s how to participate:
1) Grab the official 10 in ‘10 Teen Chick Lit Challenge logo above and put it on your site with a link back to this page to let people know you’re playing.
2) Choose 10 teen chick lit books to read in 2010. Or select the ones you know you want to read and leave the rest of your list open to see what comes your way in 2010. (We’ll be talking about the great teen chick lit books we’ve read each month, so you may find some new ones that catch your eye!)
3) Click on the Mr. Linky button below to share your list if you’ve posted it on your blog. If you don’t have a blog, simply comment below with your choice of books and let us know you’re in like Flynn.
4) Each month, Jessica and Kay will alternate hosting the official check-in post where you can share the books you’ve read for the challenge. And be sure to let us know what you thought of them!
Oh, and did we mention PRIZES???
We know you’ve got a ton of books in your TBR pile. To make it even more fun to read the teen chick lit ones, we’ll be doing fun, impromptu giveaways throughout the year for participating challengers who check in with their progress!
And, of course, we need to have an awesome grand prize you can drool over, right? For challengers who read 10+ teen chick lit books during 2010 and let us know on our monthly check-in posts, we’ll be putting them in a drawing for a fabulous prize basket filled with great chick lit books, cool swag, and even some DVDs! Watch the monthly check-in posts for super secret peeks at the grand prize package.
And even more cool chick lit stuff…
We love all things chick lit, so we want this to be more than just a reading challenge. We want it to be a challenge where readers can come to talk about the chick lit books they’re reading and loving and get to know some terrific chick lit authors too. So…
In addition to the monthly check-ins, we’ll also be featuring exclusive chats throughout the year with some of your favorite chick lit authors! Stay tuned to the monthly check-ins for more details about how to get involved in the chats and to see who’s coming on board.
And now it’s your turn!
Are you ready to join the fun? Excellent! Then grab the logo, share your 10 in ‘10 Teen Chick Lit Challenge reading list, and gear up for a fabulous 2010!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I know if a book is “chick lit”?
A: If you think it is, it is! There’s no standard definition for chick lit, and we definitely don’t want to be the chick lit police. So we’re leaving it up to each challenger to decide if a book qualifies for the challenge. If you’re looking for examples to guide you, books like Meg Cabot’s The Princess Diaries series, Jen Calonita’s Secrets of My Hollywood Life series, and Tera Lynn Childs’ Oh. My. Gods. series are all great examples of teen chick lit.
Q: What if I don’t have a book blog?
A: No worries at all. Simply share your progress in the comments on the monthly check-in posts on Jessica and Kay’s blogs. Better yet, share your thoughts in places like Goodreads, Shelfari, Amazon, and BarnesandNoble.com too. Let your voice be heard!
Q: What’s the deal with the chats? Are these real-time chats or interviews on the blog?
A: Real-time chats. Our guest authors will be joining us on Chatzy at a scheduled time to chat about all things chick lit (including their books). It’s a fun, informal chat that will be open to all. We’ll be sharing the schedules in the monthly check-in posts, so keep your eye on them for more details coming soon.
Q: I LOVE teen chick lit. Can I read more than 10?
A: Absolutely! 10 is the minimum number of books needed to be eligible for the grand prize drawing, but you can read as many teen chick lit books as your heart desires and check in with them all. The more, the merrier!
Jessica and Kay
1. Perfect Chemistry – Simone Elkeles
2. A Match Made In High School - Kristin Walker
3. Cinderella Society
4. Rules of Attraction
5. Sing Me To Sleep
6. Fat Cat
7. The Secret Year
Review | The Last Sin by KL Murphy
1 day ago