Upcoming Events:

I am taking a blogging break for a little while. I am in the process of getting all of my challenges for 2011 picked out so you'll see a bunch of those posts.

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Twilight - Review

Twilight
Stephenie Meyer

Rating: 4/5

Synopsis:

About three things I was absolutely positive:First, Edward was a vampire.Second, there was a part of him–and I didn’t know how dominant that part might be–that thirsted for my blood.And third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with him.

Isabella Swan's move to Forks, a small, perpetually rainy town in Washington, could have been the most boring move she ever made. But once she meets the mysterious and alluring Edward Cullen, Isabella's life takes a thrilling and terrifying turn. Up until now, Edward has managed to keep his vampire identity a secret in the small community he lives in, but now nobody is safe, especially Isabella, the person Edward holds most dear. The lovers find themselves balanced precariously on the point of a knife -- between desire and danger.

Deeply romantic and extraordinarily suspenseful, Twilight captures the struggle between defying our instincts and satisfying our desires. This is a love story with bite.

Review: I know a LOT of people out there have already read this so I am going to keep it short and sweet. I really enjoyed this book. It's hard not to like Edward in this book, he's so noble and even though he's not a "normal" teen like Bella he tries to do "normal" things with her. It's a classic "first love" story. Let's not forget Jacob...he's there and he's also starting to become attracted to Bella. Now we're headed for a classic love triangle.

What I REALLY thought:

Beginning: When I first started reading it for the first time, I didn't really understand the beginning. Now that I've read it a couple times I really like it.

Middle: A vampire trying to act like a "normal" teen for the sake of his relationship.

End: Really liked it alot.

No comments: